Benefits to Members
Being a Red Tractor Assurance Livestock Market and Collection Centre is a way of demonstrating good business practice and high standards of operation to commercial buyers. It offers the following benefits:
1. Wider Market Access
- Expands the number of commercial opportunities as buyers require assured livestock.
- Demand for Assured meat products is growing as quality marks gain recognition in consumer markets
2. Legal Compliance
Supports due diligence as aids compliance with the Food Safety Act and Food Hygiene Regulations.
3. Red Tractor Quality Mark
Products which have been through an assured chain which includes assured markets and collection centres are eligible for marketing with the Red Tractor Quality mark at the consumer point-of-sale, demonstrating they have been produced to high standards.
4. Industry representation
Red Tractor Assurance represents its members to:
- Food Standards Agency (FSA)
- Local Authorities
- Trade Associations
- Other Independent bodies, e.g. retailers, consumer groups and welfare organisations
5. Scheme support
The Scheme provides livestock markets and collection centre members with a Scheme Manual containing the Standards with detailed guidance and explanation including references to legislation and Appendices that include worked examples of all records required and more relevant information.
6. Industry information
- Twice yearly newsletter
- Useful information from other organisations
- Helpful relevant technical information on the website
7. Red Tractor Checker Services
Members can access the Red Tractor Assurance Checker and Services to verify the Assurance status of any stock purchased and do online self-assessment checks.